Who's afraid to fall in love with these cool and lovely plants? ❤️
Sometimes, Staghorn ferns, with their majestic looks, might make one feel that they are not easy to take care of — but that isn't quite true. Although they seem daunting to take care of, staghorn ferns are quite resilient, and anyone who has some experience in taking care of houseplants will definitely be able to manage.
If you are interested to find out more on how to care of them; we will be glad to help. We have mounted and non-mounted staghorns ferns, ranging from entry-level to rarer staghorn ferns available. We also have workshops to teach how to care for and mount them as artpieces for your wall!
Staghorn Ferns Mounting Workshop
Join us in this journey of Made by nature and Inspired by art.
- Anatomy of Platycerium
- Growth conditions for indoor/outdoor.
- Development techniques from potted piece to mounted
- Wiring techniques; potting media techniques
- Care and grooming techniques
- Step by step guidance from our instructor
- Participants will get to bring back their own living art creation
We will also do a walkabout in our outdoor garden to explore the physical outdoor growing conditions and more staghorns, if the weather permits.
All the following materials will be provided:
- Platycerium Mt Kitshakood, Ridleyi, Coronarium, Neptune or Willinckii or Veitchii Staghorn Fern or other available species.
We generally will have 3-4 species available for selection. (These species are most sought after because of their beautiful form and the ease of caring for them). Please also note that there might be times where certain species might be out of stock. During the workshop session, participants can also buy additional plants to bring back for practice, at 10% off their retail price.
-If you are looking for other types of Staghorn ferns not listed above, do feel free to check with us. (Some top-ups might be required)
- There is an option to choose outdoor-treated timber, size 20 by 30cm / outdoor treated timber, square 30 by 30 cm / outdoor treated timber round, size est 25cm dia / square Pinewood size est 25cm / Thick Portugal corkbark app 20 cm by 30cm
-For other types of mounting materials not listed above, you can check with us if required. (Some top-ups might be required)
- Quality Chile spagnum moss
- tools & accessories to use
Time : 2pm-4.30pm (2.5+hrs)
Fee : $138 per person sign-up
You can also paynow to HP : 96520313 (Adrian) to confirm when checkout. (Prefer payment option! 🙂 🙏🏻)
Location : The Yards (406 Joo Chiat Place #01-21 S428084) for 26th Mar Workshop